The Modi wave over the country made Bharatiya Janta Party get 57 out of 70 seats in Uttarakhand. After the historical victory of the Bharatiya Janta Party, on Friday, 17th of March 2017 the legislative assembly discussion led to the decision of electing Trivendra Rawat as the chief minister of Uttarakhand.
Trivendra Rawat who was the full-time volunteer of RSS will now be the chief minister of Uttarakhand for the period 2017-2022. He will be the 9th chief minister of Uttarakhand. Trivendra Rawat will be taking the oath of office on Saturday in the parade ground at 3 pm. Prime minister Modi Ji along with and BJP president Amit Shah will be present for the ceremony on 18th March, along with other eminent politicians of the country.
Here are some important things about the next chief minister of Uttarakhand:
- Trivendra Rawat was born on 20th December 1960 in Khaisaran village of Uttarakhand.
- He has a post-graduate degree in journalism.
- Trivendra Rawat joined RSS in 1979 and was the propagandist of the party from 1983 to 2002.
- In the year 1985, he became the Dehradun RSS full-time volunteer.
- In 1993 Trivendra Rawat became the BJP organization secretary.
- In 2002 he was chosen as the Doiwala constituency legislator for the first time.
- Again in the year 2007, he was elected as the legislator from the Doiwala constituency.
- In the next turn, he contested the election from the Raipur constituency and was defeated after a period of 10 years.
- In 2013 Trivendra Rawat became the National Secretary of BJP.
- In 2014 he was given the responsibility of Lok Sabha elections along with Amit Shah. He fulfilled his duty by getting 73% of the candidates elected in the Uttar Pradesh assembly.
- In 2014 he was also given the task of campaigning for the Jharkhand elections. It was the first time in the state that BJP won the majority of seats and came to rule.
- Along with this in the period between 2007 – 2012 he was also the Agriculture Minister of the state from Bharatiya Janta Party.
- This year he got 24869 votes and defeated the opposition with a huge difference.
- His father’s name is Shri Pratap Singh Rawat and mother’s name is Baudha Devi.
- His wife Mrs. Sunita Rawat is a teacher in government school. He has two daughters with her.