MS Dhoni is known as the “Captain Cool”of Indian Cricket Team and has won the hearts of million time and again. He is also considered to be one of the best players of Indian Cricket Team till date. Through this post, we are going to present an insight into the life of this great cricketer to all his fans. Here come some of the unknown facts about MS Dhoni:
1. The most surprising fact about Dhoni is that he basically belongs from the Pahari(Kumaoni) ethnic group whereas most people consider him to be a progeny of Jharkhand. Also, his actual surname is Dhauni which turned to Dhoni as a result of an error on his school certificates. Despite his attempts to rectify his surname, he couldn’t rally help it and his surname didn’t change. Dhaunis are basically the offspring of 'Khas' Rajputs and this is clearly evident from the tall and sharp features of our Captain who is also the heartthrob of our nation.
2. MS Dhoni is inherent of Almora district from a village named Lvali. His family still resides in that village and 2003 was the last time when Dhoni visited his village to perform a ceremonial ritual named “Janeu.”
3. Dhoni has also inherited his dedication, motivation, and perseverance from his father. This is so because Dhoni’s father “Pan Singh Dhauni” moved from his village in search of a job and his search ended in Ranchi city. A couple of years ago, he retired from his post in Mecon and after his retirement, he settled in Ranchi itself as he had numerous memories associated with his job and life.
4. Dhoni tied the knot with Sakshi Rawat on 4th July 2010 in Dehradun as she belongs to Dehradun. Dhoni had his encounter with Sakshi Rawat when she was interning in Taj Bengal. Sakshi Rawat is also a well-educated girl and she completed her schooling from the renowned Welham Girls’ School Dehradun and her graduation from IHM Aurangabad. Besides, she has always been very supportive and motivating towards her better half’s career.
5. Hotel Competent located in Selaqui, Dehradun was the place where the duo got engaged and the very next day they got hitched in Vishranti Resorts, Dehradun where all the ceremonies were performed with specific preference to Kumaoni tradition and custom.
6. MS Dhoni’s marriage was more of a private affair with 50 guests only including their family members and close friends. Also, not much of the players from the cricket fraternity were present in his marriage. Suresh Raina, R P Singh and Harbhajan Singh were present from his team to be precise. Also BTown celebrity John Abraham and Choreographer Farah Khan were also a part of this celebration.
7. Along with Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni is also one of the most privileged cricketers to have received a residential plot in Mussoorie by Uttarakhand’s ex-CM Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank after their victory in the 2011 world cup.
8. MS Dhoni’s mother’s name is Devki Devi and she resides in Ranchi with Dhoni’s father and Dhoni’s elder brother Narendra Singh is a politician.
9. Dhoni’s uncle Ghanpath Singh Dhauni and his aunt Madhavi Devi reside in his paternal home Lvali. Dhoni is also a very generous man and this is evident from the fact that he has sponsored his cousin brothers’ education who have completed their education from Dehradun.
10. And the most important insight to his life is that Dhoni and Sakshi gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on the 6th of Feb 2016 whom they named Jiva.