Uttarakhand is widely known for its natural beauty and religious places. Uttarakhandis get respect everywhere when they say we are from Land of Gods, but there are many other points too which make every Uttarakhandi proud of himself. Here are 10 points why every Uttarakhandi should feel proud of him.
1. Land of Apsaras and Gandharvas: Uttarakhand alongside neighbouring state Himachal considered as the place that is known for Apsaras and Gandharva (Land of heavenly beautiful individuals) in Hindu scriptures.
2. One of the safest state for women: As per National Crime Records Bureau in 2015, Uttarakhand is fifth most safe states in India for women among all states. As indicated by the agency, safest states are Nagaland, Tamil Nadu, Manipur, Meghalaya and on fifth position Uttrakhand. Upwards of 1395 instances of wrongdoing against women became exposed in 2014 and for the most part dedicated in areas of Haridwar and Udham Singh Nagar districts as it were. It's astounding that the vast majority of the wrongdoings conferred against women are finished by transients from neighbour Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, and Bihar, not by native Pahari people. For the situation, we segregate Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar and Tarai belt of Dehradun &Nainital districts Uttarakhand would be the safest state in India.
3. Great Sex Ratio: While states like Haryana and Punjab have turned into a disgrace on India with least sex proportion. As indicated by Indian census 2011,7 districts of Uttarakhand having more than 1000 female for every1000 male. These districts are all together .
Almora – 1139 females / 1000 males
Rudraprayag – 1114 females / 1000 males
Pauri – 1103 females / 1000 males
Bageshwar – 1093 females / 1000 males
Tehri – 1078 females / 1000 males
Chamoli – 1021 females / 1000 males
Pithoragarh – 1021 females / 1000 males
4. Birth Place of Mother Ganga: Ganga is considered as the most sacrosanct river in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Ganga and its sister river The Yamuna take birth in Uttarakhand and its water fertile northern Plains by her holy water. Ganga crosses 3 most crowded Indian states Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal and individuals of these states are specifically or by implication reliant on Ganga. Fertile northern fields were made by mud and dirt brought by Ganga from the Himalayas.
5. Holy Hindu Place: According to indigenous Hindu sacred writings Uttarakhand used to be the place where Rishis used to practice Yoga and meditate. Uttarakhand has numerous critical Hindu pilgrimage places like Badrinath, Kedarnath, Haridwar etc. It is believed that Uttarakhand's every molecule divine beings lives, the reason it is called as DevBhoomi.
6. Never ruled by Mughals: Muhammad Bin Qasim was the first Islamic invader who conquered India. Kasim assaulted over Sindh executed millions of individuals, raped two girls of Raja Dahir Sen and took 60 thousand women to Arab for sex slavery. Later numerous invaders like Mahmud Gajhni, Muhammad Ghori, Alauddin Khilji, Taimur, and Babar came to India, pulverised temples, demolished universities like Taxeela and Nalanda, raped million of women and coercively changed over individuals to Islam. Notwithstanding amid Mughal guideline Mughals governed entire north India yet they were not able to vanquish Kumaon and Garhwal kingdom of India. As indicated by historians Mughals entered in few areas of Kumaon decimated few of significant sanctuaries, yet they could not manage in this area. But in Garhwal, they were not able to enter. Rani Karnawati of Garhwal vanquished Mughals cut their noses and send them back to Delhi. Numerous individuals from plain zones additionally took refuge in Uttarakhand to spare themselves from Muslim atrocities under the Mughal rule.
7. Dominated by Army men: If we see on the proportion between a number of armed force men by the aggregate population of the state, Uttarakhand gave a maximum number of warriors according to the proportion. Uttarakhand has its own particular two regiments Garhwal Rifles and Kumaon Regiment. Major Somnath Sharma, Kumaon Regiment, was the primary beneficiary of the ParamVir Chakra (Posthumous) in 1947 – India's most noteworthy honour for courage. Consistently Uttarakhand selects second (in few years third position as well) in the number of pass out cadets from IMA Dehradun who serve Indian armed force. While it contains 0.84 % of aggregate India populace while Uttar Pradesh selects the first position which contains 16.49 % of the aggregate populace of India. Maximum of male populace of Uttarakhand employed in India Army.
8. Most Visited tourist destination: More than 3 crore local vacationers visit Uttarakhand every year which is triple of its own populace. By harsh thought Uttarakhand has more visitors than Kerala, Goa and Himachal have combined. Maximum of travellers come to Chardham, other different pilgrimages like Hem Kund Sahib, Haridwar, and Rishikesh.
9. Home of Movement: Uttarakhand has been a place that is known for movements and pioneers sins beginning.Uttarakhand individuals have partaken in numerous movements like 'Chipko Andolan', 'Kuli Begar Andolan', 'Uttarakhand Andolan' etc. Uttarakhand has given environmentalist like Gaura Devi, Sundar Lal Bahuguna and many more.
10. Leading state in Education: Uttarakhand is the second most educated state in North India after Himachal, with 80% literacy rate. India's first engineering school was set up in Roorkee, which is known as IIT Roorkee nowadays. Uttarakhand is likewise home to national and International institutes like Indian Military Academy, FRI University, Survey of India etc, Many understudies from USA, Europe, and east Asia come to Study in School of Uttarakhand.Dehradun, the capital city of the state is known as School capital of India because of a number of world class instructive establishment.